Two Suspects Arrested for Numerous Armed Robberies in the Sacramento Area
[Except for formatting and some images, this is a direct repost from the Sacramento Police Department Press Release]
On March 6, 2019, at 5:45 p.m. two suspects responsible for numerous robberies in the Sacramento area were arrested and booked on robbery related charges during a joint investigation by the Sacramento Police Department and the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department. The suspects, identified as 42-year-old Roy Pacheco of Elk Grove and 42-year-old Monica Lopez of Sacramento, were stopped by deputies in the area of Stockton Boulevard and Fruitridge Road in the vehicle used during the robberies.
A summary of the robberies are as follows:
- On 3/3/19, at approximately 9:10 p.m., two suspects entered a business in the 1500 block of 21st Street. The male suspect, armed with a revolver, demanded money and "pistol whipped" the victim.
- On 3/6/19, at approximately 12:13 a.m., an armed robbery occurred in the 2500 block of Broadway. A male and female suspect entered the business, with the male suspect brandishing a black revolver and demanding money.
- On 3/6/19, at approximately 1:52 a.m., an armed robbery occurred in the 3500 block of Franklin Blvd with a male and female suspect entering the business. The male suspect pointed a black revolver at the employees. The male suspect then took cash from a back room and register before fleeing the area.
- On 3/6/19, at approximately 2:34 a.m., an armed robbery occurred at a business in the 7700 block of La Riviera Drive with a male and female suspect entering the business. The male suspect pointed a black revolver at the victim and demanded money from the register. The female suspect jumped the counter and filled bags with numerous items. Both suspects fled the scene in a silver 4-door car.
- On 3/6/19, at approximately 10:13 a.m., an armed robbery occurred in the 3000 block of Freeport Blvd. The suspect robbed the business at gunpoint, taking money and fleeing. During this incident, the suspect fired a shot into the air when then victim came outside looking for help. The suspect then fled in an awaiting grey or silver vehicle. No one was injured during this robbery.
This investigation remains active and investigators encourage anyone with information related to this investigation to contact the Sacramento Police Department dispatch center at (916) 808-5471 or Sacramento Valley Crime Stoppers at (916) 443-HELP (4357) or submit an anonymous tip using the free “P3 Tips” smartphone app. Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward up to $1,000.