A house fire in Downtown Sacramento sent one person to the hospital with life-threatening injuries today.
Just before 11:25 this morning, Sacramento firefighters were called to the scene of a two-story duplex fire on V Street, near Third Street.
When fire crews arrived, they found the second-story unit of the home on fire. Firefighters were able to get the flames extinguished within a matter of minutes. The first-story unit of the home sustained some damage from the fire.
A fire department spokesperson says a person suffering from either second-degree or third-degree burns was transported to the hospital with life-threatening-injuries. The person was a civilian, not a firefighter.
Fire crews found a honey butane oil lab inside the second-story unit, which required a response from local hazardous materials response teams to clean the lab up. The first-story unit was not involved in the lab.
At the time of posting, fire officials have not made any arrests.